OCT 2010

 

VILLAGE COUNCIL PROCEEDINGS
OCTOBER 4, 2010

The Lincoln Village Council met on Monday October 4th at 7 p.m. at the Village Hall.  Meeting opened with the Pledge of Allegiance.  Those in attendance included:  President Phil Jordan, Treasurer Mary Kossa, Clerk Linda Somers and Council Members, Bonny Gauthier, Ron Kennard, Phil Naylor, Richard Somers and John Stutzman as well as Deputy Clerk/Treasurer Connie Stutzman and Attorney David Cook and guests. Absent was Council Member Kristin Lask.

Minutes of the September meeting were approved on a motion from Gauthier with support from Somers.  Treasurerís report was approved subject to audit on a motion from Gauthier with support from Stutzman.  Carried.

In public comment Rich Gillies approached the board for support for the Lincoln Lions Festival of Lights that will be held the first Friday in December.  Motion was made by Gauthier with support from Kennard to give $200.00 to support this endeavor.  Kathy Putsky, a member of the beautification committee asked for brochures to look at materials that could be used for the streetscape project.  President Jordan stated that he believes there are things available to look at and that the group can start looking things over.  New fire Chief Leroy Hall gave an overview of the groupsí recent activities.  There are several things that have been repaired to bring things up to date.  He stated that he is currently trying to get things worked out and just getting used to the new job,

In old business Stutzman stated that he is pleased with the new lights at the Flights of Imagination area.  Kennard stated that the bulletin board is up and ready for use at the boat launch.  Thanks go to Tony Diciccio and Ron Kennard for their work on the project.  Sue Kennard offered to keep things current on the bulletin board for the Lake Association.  Somers stated that the restrooms are now closed for the season.  The basketball hoops have been moved from the parking lot at the Village Hall to the Barlow Road Park area.  He stated that Ray is servicing all the Village equipment.  The new ball diamond is nearing completion although there is a problem with some of the sod that was used on the old ball diamond.  He will see about having it replaced.  Thanks for your hard work Dick.  Gauthier asked about the status of the removal of the docks at Brownlee Lake beach area.  Jordan stated that they will definitely be removed before the next swim season.  The buoys will be taken out yet this week.  Stutzman asked about having restrooms included after the downtown streetscape is finished.  Naylor stated that he is still trying to resolve the issue of scheduling a sewer meeting.  Members of the DDA and Village Council sewer committee will meet on October 19th at 6 p.m.  The Planning/Zoning Committee will be meeting on the same evening at 7 p.m.  Both meetings will be held at the Village Hall.

President Jordan gave his report.  He stated that the 2 juveniles who caused damage to the restrooms are moving through the court system.  The next court date is scheduled for October 18th.  We will continue to stay in touch with the prosecutorís office from Lapeer County.  President Jordan gave a special thanks and certificate of appreciation to Ronald Kennard, Council Member who is retiring from the Village Council.  Refreshments were served following the meeting.  Thanks Ron!!!!!  Sara Healy was introduced to the group as she is running for the open Council seat in November.  President Jordan gave an overview of the demolition grant and some issues that have arisen with it.  It is expected that the actual demolition should begin on October 14th.  Consumerís Energy is expected to provide a quote for removal of overhead wires along Second Street very soon.  Mills Industrial Drive has been closed for the year.  Jordan thanked the persons responsible for the new lights at Flights of Imagination area.  Thanks to Morgan Electric, Northeastern Window and Door and the James family for all their help and donation of time and equipment.  Thanks to Harry Harvey, Rod Kilbourn and Bill (Toad) Byce for all their help on the demolition grant paperwork.  Thanks to Gary Horn, Don Read and Ron Lamrock for help in the petitions for the post office resolution.  Thanks to Kristin Lask for all her help in getting things accomplished.  Once again thanks to Dick, Terry Franklin and Pat Nelson for the work on the ball fields.  Thanks to the ďbag ladies and gentsĒ for all their work in taking care of the flowers in the community.  Thanks to Ted Shaneour, Bill Putsky and Ron Kennard for their work on the new swim platform/pontoon.  We look forward to using it next year.  Trick or Treat hours were set for Sunday October 31st from 5:30 to 7:30.  President Jordan stated that a meeting was held regarding our sewer and drain field with David Walters from the DEQ.  Dick and Phil went through the entire system with him.  Some changes were made in how the reports will be turned in for the future. 

A brief discussion was held regarding the intersection of Second Street and Main Street.  Dick will talk with the State Police for their input.  Attorney Cook stated that there are several factors to consider such as more enforcement from local police or possibly putting up 2 more stop signs.   Lastly, President Jordan stated that he would like to receive a raise.  He said there is a huge amount of work involved.  Linda will talk with the auditors to get some input as to how to approach the issue.  Sue Kennard stated that she knows how hard Ron has worked for the community and offered her congratulations.  Several others in attendance also offered their thanks.  Gary Horn stated that any changes that may be considered for the swim areas need to go through proper channels.  He is concerned about people fishing in the swimming area.  President Jordan stated that we will be vigilant in looking after the beach.  Troy Somers, Zoning Administrator stated that he hasnít gotten any response from the individuals he has contacted about blight issues.  Jordan has mowed some of the properties and the owners will be billed for services rendered. 

Motion to pay the bills as presented was made by Gauthier with support from Stutzman.  Carried.  A motion to adjourn was made Gauthier with support from Kennard. 

Linda K. Somers

Village Clerk

 

 
 © 2006 - 2018   Village of Lincoln by AccuNet Web Services