APRIL 2011

 

VILLAGE COUNCIL PROCEEDINGS
April 4, 2011

The Lincoln Village Council met on Monday April 4, 2011 at 7 p.m. at the Village Hall. Meeting opened with the Pledge of Allegiance. Those in attendance included; President Jordan, Treasurer Kossa, Clerk Somers and Council Members Gauthier, Healy, Lask, Naylor and Stutzman. Council Member Richard Somers was excused from the meeting as he is on vacation. Also present was Attorney Cook and Guests.

Minutes of the March meeting were approved on a motion from Gauthier with support from Stutzman. The minutes of the budget meeting were approved on a motion from Gauthier with support from Healy. Treasurer’s report was approved subject to audit on a motion from Gauthier with support from Stutzman.

In public comment newly elected Gustin Township Supervisor, John Klinger addressed the board. He said he looks forward to working with the Village of Lincoln and hopes to be able to move beyond any issues from the past. He has met with Village President Phil Jordan and they will do their best to work together on any concerns for the Village and the Township. He invited members of the Council to attend any of their meetings and get acquainted with his township board. Jordan stated that he looks forward to working with John. Leroy Hall, fire chief addressed the board. He stated that 3 firefighters are ready to graduate from the fire academy. President Jordan talked about the brush rig that still needs work done before the Village can get it titled over to them.

President Jordan stated that a “Conflict of Interest “issue must be discussed according to the MEDC Façade grant guidelines. Every business owner in the village was sent a letter asking if they were interested in submitting a proposal for Façade Grant funds to reface the fronts of their buildings. Two of those who responded, (Joe James) and (Dennis Kruttlin) are on the DDA board. With any public official requesting grant funds, the conflict of interest issue must be on the agenda and discussed in the open council meeting. There is a four member Façade grant committee. All business owners within the village were invited to participate. We do not feel that any one has an advantage or conflict in any way. Motion was made by Lask with support from Stutzman to note that the Lincoln Village Council has discussed the potential for a conflict of interest involving Dennis Kruttlin and Joe James as it relates to their application for receiving monies from the MEDC façade grant project. It is further understood that they will refrain from voting on matters associated with this issue. The DDA board will address the same issue at their next monthly meeting which is April 12, 2011.

In old business Gauthier gave an update on the memorial dedication that is being planned for Everett Schram. Lask will continue to work to secure some old photos from her grandmother for use in the hall. Gauthier stated that the website information has been coming in and Eileen Oposnow is doing a great job getting things done. Anyone with events they would like to see put on the village website are encouraged to contact Bonny Gauthier at 736-3844. Sara Healy stated that the Easter Egg Hunt is coming up on April 23rd from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. The activity will begin at the Village Hall where instructions will be given. Following the hunt everyone is invited back to the hall for hotdogs, chips and punch. Jordan stated that Theresa Hart and Naomi Potter are heading up this endeavor. Thanks ladies! He further stated that someone sent an anonymous monetary donation to help support this cause. Any questions or offers of help may be addressed by contacting Theresa at 736-8936.

President Jordan gave his report. He stated that he attended that recent jobs fair held at the Senior Citizens Center. He was extremely impressed and said he will definitely be helping next year. He said that several of the vendors were taking applications for employment in the area. He asked about the fire department grant that still needs to be closed out. Mary and Joan Gonyea will work together with Leroy Hall to finish the project hopefully before next month’s meeting. Jordan stated that new floodplain maps and information was received today and needs to be addressed. Kristin Lask will look it over and report back at the next meeting.

Motion to pay the bills as presented was made by Gauthier with support from Healy. Motion to adjourn from Gauthier with support from Lask. Motion carried.

Linda K. Somers

Village Clerk

Lincolnmi.com


 
 © 2006 - 2018   Village of Lincoln by AccuNet Web Services