Lincoln Train Depot

Facts about the Lincoln Train Depot:

  • The Lincoln Depot is the last remaining depot of its kind in northeastern Michigan
  • It is a reminder of Michigan's former dependence on the railroads throughout the state.
  • The wood structure has been standing since the 1880's
  • Lincoln Train Depot (originally called the West Harrisville Depot) was built in 1886 by the Detroit, Bay City and Alpena Railroad.
  • The Depot was taken over by the Detroit and Mackinaw Railroad in 1895 and renovated in 1913. 
  • Service ceased in 1927.
  • From 1930 to 1996 the building served as a private residence.
  • Citizens saved the depot from demolition in 1997.
  • The Depot is located on Lake Street in Lincoln and served the community and the surrounding area until 1929.
  • First rail service to this area passed through Lincoln from the south and continued north through Ossineke to Alpena.
  • Has been a private residence since about 1930 and is now owned by the Lincoln downtown Development Authority.
  • In December of 1998, the Lincoln Depot was officially recognized as a Michigan Historic Site.
  • January 6, 1999, the Friends of Lincoln Depot became affiliated with the Alcona Historical Society.
  • The building is structurally sound, and its restoration and use as a museum and historical site would broaden the range of historical attractions available in the local area.

Times and Schedules


Open 1st Monday of July Through September




10 a.m. - 2 p.m.



  1p.m.  - 3 p.m.



11 a.m. - 3 p.m.



  2 p.m. - 4 p.m.  



  6 p.m. - 8 p.m. 
               Closed Saturday and Sunday
Several dedicated ladies continue to meet at the Lincoln Depot to work on this year's quilt for our annual Quilt Raffle.

 © 2006 - 2015   Village of Lincoln SiteBuilder by AccuNet